We have the pleasure to interview Victoria Anson, the event coordinator of the upcoming speed-dating event. She is also the founder and club executive of the Marianopolis Online Club (MOC) and the Marianopolis Kin-ball Club.
All single students attending a CEGEP in Montreal are invited.
The 2021 Intercollegiate Speed-dating Event.
Saturday February 6th from 7:30 to 9:30 pm.
Speed Dating 2021 Discord Server
To participate, you need to join our discord server with your 2 friends.
Link to join the server: https://discord.gg/w9RPuvkn7T
Then, from the server, you need to fill out a google form, and there you go, you’re signed up! The deadline to sign up is February 4th at 11:59 pm. After the deadline, everyone who has not signed up will be kicked out.
As to how you’ll seduce the love of your life? That’s up to you, just be respectful.
Victoria, can you explain how the event will work?
Once you sign up through the google form, event organizers will change your Discord username to your first name and you will receive the dark green verified role. The day of the event will go like this:
- On February 6th at 7:30 pm, everyone will join the General Information call. I will explain the event rules and check that everyone is there. Everyone will have to have their cameras on.
- All the boys will go to their assigned voice calls. Each call will have a number.
- Then, all the girls will be assigned to a voice call with a boy in it.
- Every 5 minutes, an event organizer will send a message out to everyone. Each girl will go to the call below. So all of the girls shuffle.
- At 8:30 or so, there will be a 15 minute break.
- After the break, all the boys will go back to their voice call and all the girls will go to the one below. The event will continue till 9:30 pm.
- At 9:30 pm, everyone will return to the General Information call and the event organizers will say goodbye and thank everyone for participating.
Are there any safety measures?
There will be many safety measures in place to make sure no problems occur.
- Before the event happens we make sure that everyone is attending a CEGEP in Montreal by collecting their student ID through the google form. After the signup deadline on February 4th, everyone who has not signed up will be banned.
- During the event, a student event organizer as well as a member from the school administration will stay on call to manage any problems if they occur. If you ever have a problem, you can directly chat with the student organizer through Discord. The person causing the problem will be immediately banned from the server.
- The server is also equipped with a “Safe room” for girls and a “Safe room” for boys. Girls and boys can only access their respective rooms. If you would like to discuss with a moderator about any problem you can go in those rooms.
Any fun stuff we should know about?
The discord server is equipped with multiple bots. During the event, you can play music in your call (Rhythm and Groovy). If you want new topics of conversation, an event coordinator will also be posting icebreaker questions that you can use.
If you have any questions, please contact Victoria Anson through Facebook.